Thursday 1 January 2015

L'OREAL first impressions

Firstly, Happy new year to you all! I definitely know 2015 will be a tough year for me but hopefully I will create many amazing memories & meet some lovely people along the way so happy 2015! 

Now onto my first impressions... 
Recently I took a trip to boots where they held an offer if you spent £14.99 you would get a free gift box with four different products in it (lipstick, mascara, kohl liner and nail varnish.) I thought this was an amazing offer as it should have been worth over £30 so I had to go buy some more makeup asap! I am so pleased with my purchases so far as each product is good quality & worth the price. 

First of all I tried the 'True Match' foundation which I bought in the shade rose vanilla. (£9.99) The reason I bought this was because I heard so many good reviews about it & have been meaning to try it out for ages. My first impression was that it was quite light & watery compared to the other foundations I have previously used. However it's very nice looking on the skin, blendable & light so I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for something with a fuller coverage. But altogether It's a lovely product & I would give it 9/10. 

Secondly, I decided to buy a mono eyeshadow in the shade 'Cameleon'. (£5.49) The reason I bought this was because of how pretty the colour & texture is, It was almost to gorgeous to use! The colour is almost a bluey green however looks light blue when you apply it, another advantage is that it's very pigmented. I would give it a 6/10.

From the box I tried the lipstick in the shade 'Scarlette Creme 461' (£6.99) which is a gorgeous bold red colour & lasts for a few hours. I was very happy with the colour payoff because I wasn't really expecting much from it & will definitely be purchasing this lipstick in other colours - 8/10.

The 'Volume Million Lashes: So Couture Black' mascara (£10.99) is what I was looking forward to try the most as I do love a good mascara & have never tried any of the l'oreal mascaras before but I have to say the first time I tried it I wasn't wowed by it. I mean, it's good but i wouldn't say it's anything special. So then I decided to try it with my Kiko Milano 'Overblown Volume' mascara & it looks amazing! - 6/10.

Lastly, the product I was most surprised by was the red nail varnish 'Exquisite Scarlet 408' (£4.99) & I have to say this is one of the best nail varnishes I have ever used as mostly because it doesn't chip in atleast a day of wearing it. Most of the nail varnishes I use chip very easily. Also it leaves a glossy finish & only needs around two coats. I am very, very pleased with this nail varnish & honestly cannot wait to get a whole collection of them! I would give it a 10/10.




                                                        Love Leah    





No comments:

Post a Comment